Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Books That Have Arrived in the Mail--


Let me just say that I STILL LOVE getting mail! Real, physical, tangible mail.  "Snail-mail" so to speak. [I wonder where that term first originated? And by whom?]  In the early to mid 90's I had a post office box (p.o. box), especially useful when I was doing 'Book of Lies' fanzine (which incidentally never actually got finished & printed. In many ways this blog is a continuation of that 'zine) & receiving lots & lots of mail, music for review, letters, and ads for records & labels. Over a fifteen year period or so I had two different p.o. boxes. Nowadays the mail just gets delivered to my house & is more convenient than having to go check the ole' p.o. box everyday or so.  But little else has changed & I still get excited whenever the mail lady comes! I'm blessed to receive so many books, magazines, journals, fanzines, & letters! But in my insatiable thirst, it's still 'never enough.'  This is one of my biggest character defects. And believe me, I'm working on it (kind of).
Here are several books that I've received over the past week. m//r




"The Hindu Traditions: A Concise Introduction"
  -by Mark W. Muesse

"Religions of the World: An Introduction to Culture & Meaning"
  -by Lawrence E. Sullivan

"Encountering Jesus & Buddha: Their Lives & Teachings"
  -by Ulrich Luz & Axel Michaels

"Nazi Germany"
  -by Tim Kirk

"Ancient Gnosticism: Traditions & Literature"
  -by Birger A. Pearson

"Iran: From Theocracy to the Green Movement"
  -edited by Negin Nabavi

"Religion and Politics In Modern Iran"
  -edited by Lloyd Ridgeon

--------> Also received the new issue's of "Carmelite Review" journal & "Tomorrow's World" magazine. The former is a nice looking Catholic quarterly published by the Carmelite Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary. The latter is a bi-monthly evangelical mag published by the Living Church of God. I normally don't spend too much time on this kind of Protestant literature, but there's a certain quality to this particular magazine. In any event, it's important to keep an open mind and just read read READ as much as humanly possible. 
And keep on keepin' on, with love!!! m//r

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to always use love