Translate

5.17.2015

Looking for a Proactive Catholic Men's Group to Join ~


Real serious question: Are any of my Catholic Christian friends here part of a small (or even large, I suppose) men's group? My spiritual director suggested I join one. I think "The Men of St. Michael" is active around here. Also "The Knights of Columbus" is a men's group that does a LOT of good works. I'm mostly looking for something akin to an Alcoholics Anonymous AWOL group or Big Book study group. It has to be very Catholic (no offense to all my Protestant brothers. Or my atheist & agnostic brothers for that matter) and preferably in Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor. I can see the benefit in it. I attend Holy Mass every Sunday, go to confession about once a month, "pray ceaselessly" (St. Paul's orders), read the Bible, read the teachings of the Church Fathers & The Desert Fathers and Mothers, yet I still fuck up & fall short constantly. I have a lot of anger issues & love a good fight (Catholics are known for that in many countries!! LOL!) but i DO know it's wrong & when I'm wrong. I just don't give a shit a lot of the time. But a small part of me wants to do better. I KNOW I can do better, but only with God's help. You guys know I don't force my beliefs on anyone & I am blessed to have friends of every religion or no religion at all. But I am happy to be a Roman Catholic Christian. As an aside, if you would've told me when I was 19, 20, 21 years old that I would re-embrace Catholicism (I was raised Catholic until the age of twelve or so...), I would've told you you're nuts & to go get fucked!! But people change, for better or worse. I have reaped so many blessings from my faith that I can't even list them all!!! The Catholic Church is so NOT what I always thought it was. It is magnificent, beautiful, open, ancient yet modern, and the real deal. I still borrow a lot from Krishna Consciousness, Protestant Christianity, Pure Land Buddhism, Eastern Orthodox Christianity, Essene teachings and some other eastern wisdom paths. But I always find the fullness of faith within the Catholic Church/teachings. I still can't believe I finally got confirmed seven years ago. It was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Now I want to join a men's group & grow further spiritually. I need help! Just like in Alcoholics Anonymous I cannot do it alone. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment