Translate

3.21.2014

What I Was Reading for the Past 60 Minutes--

Every night I walk around my room (usually while in silent prayer) and read a little bit of one book or another.  For some reason I've always liked to read several things at the same time.  A few pages here, a few paragraphs there.....etc.  This is what I found myself reading tonight.  (I should mention the synchronicity involved in it all: I can't even recall how many times I'll read something in one book, magazine, or journal, and then read the same name, topic, or idea in another book.  Seemingly unrelated stuff: I watched a YouTube video that casually mentioned Erich vonDaniken, then later on I read the final footnotes of an article in the Orthodox Tradition journal that cited vonDaniken. Weird. There are many, many more instances of this, but I thought I'd mention this one for starters!  I love synchronicity!!)
__________________
__________________
Reading:

"The Book of Confidence"  by Fr. Thomas de Saint-Laurent
"Orthodox Tradition" journal vol. XXXI, num. 1, 2014
"The Coptic Christian Heritage: History, Faith, and Culture" edited by Lois M. Farag
"Evangelicals and Tradition: The Formative Influence of the Early Church"  D.H. Williams
"Addictions, a Banquet in the Grave: Finding Hope in the Power of the Gospel" by Edward T. Welch
"In Communion, Journal of the Orthodox Peace Fellowship of the Protection of the Mother of God"  winter 2004 / Theophany
"On Christian Contemplation"  by Thomas Merton
"Saint Parthenios of Chios (1815 - 1883)" trans. by Fr. Nicholas Palis
"Byzantine Church & Culture" by Joseph Raya

Oh, and I'm ACTUALLY READING A NOVEL!!  "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.  This also added to my 'synchronicity' in that within the first dozen pages the Sacred Heart of Jesus is mentioned several times, and just today I returned from a short visit to the Sacred Heart Center up in Memphis, MI!!   Someone shared at the AA meeting tonight that, "God is trying to tell me He wants to help me but I need to allow him to do it, through other people and situations."  Or something like that.  God, for me, is the Universe.  And Jesus.  All of Creation is God.  The Eternal, Vast, and Unlimited Universe is God.  He became man in the form of Jesus.  But since God can't be separated from His Creation (since that would take away from His Omnipotence), He is also His Creation. Synchronicity is God talking to me--to us.  Listen up!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment