Translate

9.26.2013

Books, Books, Books!!

    [BUZZCOCKS "Ever Fallen in Love With Someone You Shouldn't've Fallen In Love With?" video below]
      [And I'm thinking about RANCID, "Life Won't Wait" album-no video here but some other posts w/them]    




My pal David told me to watch out for a guy in Ypsilanti who has been pulling a gun on people left & right demanding money, i.e. mugging them!  He pulled the guys prison record & picture up on the computer for me.  I forgot the muggers name, but I remember he's a light-skinned Black dude with a tear drop tattoo under his left eye!  Yikes!  I DO NOT want to run into him.  He'll have to kill me to get my money.  Wait, I don't HAVE any money! 


BOOKS:  I realized I really had a rather large stack of books yet to post here, even AFTER updating the other post last night!  Oy vey!  And to top it all off, I have soooo many more books back at my mama's house.  Here in my new place, I have a giant bedroom, queen pillow-top bed (donated by the last guy who lived here; almost brand new!), dresser, sofa/loveseat, recliner chair, two small bookshelves and a coffee table where I sit with my laptop!  One huge window facing the street and a smaller side window where the skunks live under (more on that another time).  Wow.  How did I get so blessed?  This room used to be Mike's office/meeting space, but I kind of took it over.  I'm organizing an office for him in the back dining room that doesn't get used.  My room is a freshly painted yellow color! LOL, I am planning on re-painting it a light turquoise color or two walls & a darker blue on the other two walls.  I'm gonna post pics of before & after.....you'll see....  

"The Good Pope, John XXIII & Vatican II: The Making of a Saint & the Remaking of the Church"
  -by Greg Tobin

"Christian Meditation: Experiencing the Presence of God"
  -by J. Finley

"The Prodigal Son: An Astonishing Study of the Parable Jesus Told to Unveil God's Grace for You"
  -by J. MacArthur

"The Wounded: In Our Own Woundedness, We Can Become a Source of Life for Others"
  -by Henri Nouwen

"The Phenomenon of Man"
  -by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

"Illuminating the Path To Enlightenment"
  -by Tenzin Gyatso

"The Desert Fathers"
  -edited by Helen Waddell

"Theresa of Avila: The Progress of a Soul"
  -by Cathleen Medwick

"Gnosis: The Nature & History of Gnosticism"
  -by Kurt Rudolph

"Gregory of Tours: The Merovingians"
  -edited by A.C. Murray

"Charlemagne's Courtier: The Complete Einhard"
  -edited by P.E. Dutton

"Christology of the Oriental Orthodox Churches: Christology in the Tradition of the Armenian Apostolic Church"
  -by M.K. Krikorian

"Letters from Heaven: Popular Religion in Russia & Ukraine"
  -by J.P. Himka & A. Zayarnyuk

"The Catholic Church & The Holocaust, 1930-1965"
  -by M. Phayer

"Exorcising Hitler: The Occupation & Denazification of Germany"
  -by Frederick Taylor

"Hooked!: Buddhist Writings on Greed, Desire, and the Urge to Consume"
  -edited by Stephanie Kaza   [make sure you read this book!! It is crucial! and a fantastically enlightening read.] 




No comments:

Post a Comment